Mushroom FM While on the Move
The latest mobile gadgets, combined with a good data bundle or free WiFi hotspot, make listening to Mushroom FM on the move a real treat. Here we have put together a list of the most popular ways people are tuning in away from their computers.Tell us if you think we have missed your device?
Check the Schedule,and listen when shows are live to interact with your favourite presenters while they are on air. For those occasions when wireless coverage is flakey, don't miss a minute with Mushroom FM Podcasts. Download, and hit the road!
Mushroom FM never charge for listening. But mobile operators may charge for data downloaded. Check data pricing with your cellular provider to make sure you don't get stung!
If listening via WiFi at home, check whether your internet service provider caps the amount of data you can use each month. Just listening to Mushroom FM should not cause you to exceed any limits, but it could be an issue when the connection is shared with others who use data intensive services, such as video sharing or online tv.
iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
Listening to Mushroom FM on any iOS device couldn't be easier. Simply visit our site, and on every page, you'll find a link to listen with mobile devices including iPhone. This will immediately start playing Mushroom FM, no app required.
Of course, there are also many apps for that. Listen Live by searching for "Mushroom FM" inside any of these apps:
Podcasts can be transferred to Apple mobile devices using iTunes. to subscribe to the Mushroom FM feed with iTunes:
- In Windows navigate to Advanced using Alt and A, press Down Arrow once to highlight the Subscribe to Podcast menu item and press Enter.
- On the Mac, go to the iTunes menu bar with VO and M, press the letters AD to bring focus to the Advanced menu, press Down Arrow until you reach the Subscribe to Podcast menu item, and press Return.
With either Windows or Mac, paste the following link and select the ok button.
Alternatively visit individual Mushroom FM presenter pages for podcast feeds to each show.
Nokia Series 60 Phones
Nokia Internet Radio
Listen live using the Nokia Internet Radio app available for a wide range of Nokia handsets. Internet Radio is found in the Music or Media menu. To find Mushroom FM, when Internet Radio is running, press Up once to choose Search and press select. Type in "Mushroom FM" and Press Ok. Press select to start listening. Next time you use the Internet Radio app you just have to press select to start playing the last station.
Yourmuze is a large directory of Internet streams designed for listening on the go. If you have a mobile data connection that is a little slow, or if you are charged by the amount of data you consume, a handy feature of Yourmuze is that it will transcode the stream so it consumes less bandwidth.
You will need to visit YourMuze.fm and create an account, if you don't yet have one. Then you add stations you want to hear to your "My Stations" list. Visit this link from your PC to add Mushroom FM to Yourmuze
Once you've done that, you can visit m.yourmuze.fm on your phone, and start listening.
Alon MP3 Dictaphone
Alon Mp3 Dictaphone is a cool app for making high quality recordings, which also allows you to listen to live internet radio, and this part of the app still works, even after the trial. To tune in, add Mushroom FM to your playlist by pressing Key2 for Controls, select "Manage Playlist" from the menu, then "Add Station" from the submenu. When prompted for the URL enter the following and press OK:
So you don't have to type in the link every time, use the Controls menu to save your playlist.
Nokia Podcasting Client
The Nokia Podcasting client is ideal for downloading Mushroom FM shows direct to your phone without ever having to switch on your computer. From the Music or Media menu of many series 60 handsets choose Podcasting to open the application. Press Select on Podcasts and choose New Podcast from the Options menu. Type in the following link and press OK.
GSPlayer is an accessible, Winamp-like application useable on Windows Mobile phones and PDA devices, including PAC Mate. GSPlayer plays live Shoutcast streams, the technology used by Mushroom FM. download GSPlayer free from GreenSoftware
To get Mushroom FM working with GSPlayer, go to Tool, then to Options, and finally to Associations. Check any of the file types that you'd like GSPlayer to play, especially the M3U and PLS options. This will keep the native Mobile version of Windows Media Player from attempting to capture the incoming audio, since this version of Windows Media won't play the Mushroom FM content.
Google Android Devices
Listeners are reporting successfully tuning in to Mushroom FM using the Winamp media player for Android
You can start listening to Mushroom FM with Winamp for Android by:
- From the Winamp media player Home Screen, Arrow Down to the second row of
icons and Arrow Right to locate Shoutcast. Now hit Select.
- On the Shoutcast screen, locate the search box toward the top. Type
"mushroomfm" and press your Enter key.
- The Shoutcast search results will display the track name playing on Mushroom
at the time, the bit rate etc. Simply press select to start listening.
Once you have found Mushroom FM you will probably want to add it to your favourite stations list. While listening, press Options, then choose Add To Favourites.
If your Plextalk Pocket is running version 5 or later, you can listen to Mushroom FM and download any of our podcasts anywhere there's a Wi-Fi signal. Before you get started, however, you must do some setup on your computer, using the Plextalk Transfer for Pocket software, which you can download for free from http://www.plextalk.com/in/download/Setup_PlextalkTransfer_V102_1.exe
- On your computer, go to www.mushroomfm.com.
- Choose the Listen with Winamp link. A download dialog box opens.
Choose to save the file, and be sure you know where it is being saved. The file will be called Listen.pls.
- Once the download is complete, you may want to rename this file to something like Mushroom FM.pls so you'll know which radio station it is. If so, find the file, press F2, and type in the name you prefer.
- Run the Plextalk Transfer software.
- Connect your Pocket to your computer via USB and turn it on. You should soon hear a beep from the transfer software to let you know everything is connected correctly.
- Choose Radio Stations in the Content Type combo box.
- Press Tab to the Source Folder edit box and ensure that it is set for the folder where you saved the Mushroom FM file. If it doesn't show the correct location, press Tab again and use the list view to locate the correct folder and then the correct file.
- Press Tab until you reach the Send button, and then press Enter. The transfer software will tell you when the transfer is complete.
Now go into the Plextalk Pocket System Settings menu, choose Network Settings, choose Enable or Disable Network Device, and then choose Enable. Your Pocket will connect to a network automatically if possible. Pressing 5 on the keypapd will confirm whether you're connected. Once you are, press the Title key and choose the Mushroom FM playlist file, which is on your SD card in the Web Radio category.
You can add and play a podcast in a similar way. To subscribe to the Mushroom FM podcast:
- Connect the Pocket to your computer and run the Plextalk Transfer software.
- Choose Feed Manager from the Content Type combo box.
- Press Tab until you reach the Destination folder list view.
- Press the Context key or Shift-F10 and choose New Podcast Feed from the context menu.
Paste in the URL http://www.mushroomfm.com/podcast/feed and press Enter. The podcast is added. Alternatively, visit individual Mushroom FM presenter pages for podcast feeds to each show.
You can now find your podcast in the Podcasts category on your SD card.
Icon and Braille Plus
Listen live by:
- Hold Program key 2 to turn on wireless, and press Cancel once the connection is made.
- From the main menu, type 41 to open the web browser.
- Type Control-O or go to the application menu and type 71 to choose Go to URL.
- Type "www.mushroomfm.com" and press enter.
- Press 6 until you reach "Listen with Winamp or compatible player" and press Enter. A Download Options dialog opens.
- Press Enter on the first choice, Open. Mushroom FM will open in the tuner program and will be available there in the recent stations list anytime you want to listen in the future.
BrailleNote mPower and BrailleNote Apex
You can hear us on your streaming-capable BrailleNote by visiting our website, and on any page, choose the link for listening with Winamp or mobile devices.
Other Assistive Technologies
Listeners tune in using a wide range of assistive technology products. This information changes regularly. It is not practical to maintain an exhaustive list. However, products in the BrailleNote and BrailleSense families are known to work.
You can hear us on your streaming-capable Braille PDA by visiting our website, and on any page, choose the link for listening with Winamp or mobile devices.
Mushroom FM is also listed in the Internet Radio directory in Dolphin Guide,
as well as being available from the Dolphin Supernova Launch Pad accessed