WELCOME TO CHAR-GRILLED SOUL
What is this? You might well ask! Well that’s easy ... It’s the hottest sizzling R&B/Soul, of today and from the past, served up by Char’s Grill between 2 pm-4 pm eastern every Wednesday! And who’s Char? Me, Char Morby.
My greatest passion, (apart from food, especially mushrooms), is music. In fact, to deprive me of it would be the harshest punishment that could ever be dished out to me – I’m sure I could manage without anything else in the world apart from my music. It’s like a drug to me and I need it as much as I need to breathe! My interest in it came about while hanging around with a friend at school who was into the music in a big way, as well as Reggae. I love Reggae too, but I doubt very much that you’ll ever here me playing that on Mushroom FM?! I’d always dreamt of broadcasting and playing my favourite music on the radio for all to enjoy, and in my early twenties joined a pirate radio station in Birmingham, PCRL, (which has ceased broadcasting) where for a few years I co-presented the breakfast show with Chicken George, a well-known and highly respected presenter. However, although I chose a lot of the music that was played, Chicken George did all the driving and most of the chatting as I was very shy. They were fun times though, and I continued to dream of one day doing a show of my own somewhere but thought it would never happen until ...
Wednesday 4th January 2012, when Char-Grilled Soul took to the air! Even then I hardly believed it was happening! Despite being very nervous I really enjoyed my first show, and very much appreciated the interaction I received during the two hours and the positive feedback following the show from people who had heard it live and from those who had downloaded the podcast.
ABOUT THE SHOW
You can expect to hear the very best in R&B/Soul – that of today and from the past, and the following regular features:
- Featured Album – This will usually be a current album, that will maybe introduce you to new artists and new music.
- Tribute Time – I will play some tracks from an artist who has passed away but who has left us a legacy of tunes that will live on for ever to help us to remember them.
- Cover-up or Cock-up – this is where I will play a track and a cover version of it, and I will be interested in whether you think it’s cover is actually that or a complete murderation of the original track. In some cases the covers will be good, sometimes shocking, and in some cases may even be better than the original!
Other features will crop up from time to time when there is room for them, such as the Love Session, three lovey-dovey slow jams; Back to my Roots, where I play a more current track and that from which it was sampled; and Gospel Grooves, where I play three Gospel tracks back-to-back.
Keep in touch
If you would like to make any requests in respect of the above features – you are welcome to suggest an album to be featured or an artist to be paid tribute to, as well as general requests by either:
- Emailing the show at Char@MushroomFM.com.
- Follow me on Twitter @charmorby.
- Friend me on Facebook by adding me as a friend www.Facebook.com/charmainemorby.
Can't listen to us live? No problem. We offer a number of ways for you to listen to Mushroom FM shows. Either download them to your computer, listen to them online or Subscribe to the Mushroom FM podcast."
Links that will enable you to download shows directly or listen online are below.
Hope you will enjoy the show and I very much look forward to your interaction.